Your contribution helps Universal Companies maintain our mission
|Charter School (5-8)|
|2100 South 24th Street,|
|Philadelphia, PA 19145|
VARE Photo Gallery
Welcome Back Families!
The 2013-2014 School Year will begin on September 9th. School begins at 8:00am for breakfast & 8:25am doors open for students.
At Universal Vare Charter Middle School, we are specialists in working with middle school students. We know how to guide them towards independence while providing the support they still need. We offer parents and students the educational tools to succeed in middle and high school.
Universal Vare's Educational Program is tailored to the middle years. At Universal Vare, we offer:
- Small Classes
- Math and Reading Clinics
- Saturday Enrichment Program
- Extended School Day
- Seamless Transition to High School through Our Special Relationship with Universal Audenried Charter High School
Education never stops Universal Vare Charter Middle School. Winter and summer learning keeps students on track during vacation. Every student has an individualized education plan. Family and Student Resource Center provides extra support and case management including behavior health support and home visits.
Taryn Roane, Principal
My name is Taryn Roane, and I am living my dream as the school principal. This is my fifth year in administration, and my third year as principal of Universal Vare Charter School, in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I am committed to a life of teaching and learning, professional and personal growth, and character development. It is my passion to develop students and teachers to improve schools, through innovation and sound instructional practices. My love for the classroom comes from loving the environment my mother was able to create in her classroom through years and years of passion for her craft. Each day I spent in my mother’s classroom, I felt more and more connected to my destiny of having my own school, and developing “super teachers” within it. My mother was a super teacher. Her sisters were super teachers. I like to think that I was a super teacher, but I wanted much more! I wanted to be responsible for all super teachers. I am a graduate of Wilmington University, where I have earned a B.S in Education, an M.Ed in School Leadership, and I currently completing my Doctorate in Educational Leadership. I have studied and practiced in the field of education, as a classroom teacher, curriculum coach, and administrator for more than 13 years. I believe that all children can learn, and classroom teacher holds the key that unlocks the potential of all students. My ultimate goal is to develop a nation full of teachers who Love to Learn and Live to Lead.
The documents below must be present for the school to register children:
1. Proof of your child’s age: Acceptable proof includes birth, baptismal or other religious certificates, a passport or immigration documents.
2. Proof of Residency: Examples of acceptable proof include Current Voter Registration card, Current Utility Bill (PECO, PGW, etc.), Official Foster Care or DHS letters when child is being cared for by a foster/child care agency. Shelter placement or residency letters are also acceptable for homeless students, Original Deeds or Rental Agreements types, signed by all parties and notarized.
3. Parent/Legal Guardian: must provide photo identification (Ex: Current PA Drivers License/Non-Drivers License or valid Federal, State or Municipal employment identification, Passport)
4. Child’s Medical Appraisal and Immunization Records: showing proof of the up-to-date immunizations for: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (German measles), Hepatitis B, and Varicella (Chicken Pox).
5. Child’s Most Recent Report Card and any other useful reports (IEP, NOREP, etc.) from your child’s former school or school district.
Click on the link belong to download the application.
Picture above displays examples of an 8th grade student uniform.
· Girls & Boys Grade 5 –Vest w/School Logo, Khaki Pants, Blue Shirt, Socks, Tie
· Girls & Boys Grade 6 - Vest w/School Logo, Socks, Khaki Pants, Yellow Shirt, Tie
· Girls & Boys Grades 7-8 – Vest w/School Logo, Khaki Pants, White Dress Shirt, Socks, Belt & Tie
School Wide Websites
First In Math - An interactive online game students can play at school or at home. Students can earn points and compete against other students in the school!
The Universal Vare "Family and Student Resource Center" ensures that all students receive the full complement of educational and behavioral health services when a need is identified. The identification of students' needs generally begins in the classroom and is addressed by the classroom teacher with the implementation of progressive interventions. These interventions are documented on Intervention Records (one record for each week of interventions implemented).
Referrals may be made directly to the Family and Student Resource Center for immediate student needs that a teacher identifies or is made aware of, i.e. poor hygiene, abuse, truancy (three or more days absent), repeated uniform violations, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact the Resource Center Manager, Valarie Smith Webb (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Be sure to check out the following programs and services through our Family and Student Resource Center!
|Utleys Visit Vare|