Universal's President & CEO Rahim Islam has been selected as one of the Philadelphia Business Journal's 2012 Minority Business Leaders! He was publicly recognized for this honor on Thursday, August 9, 7:30am-9:30am, at the Minority Business Leader Awards Breakfast at the Crystal Tea Room at the Wanamaker Building. Click here to read his feature in the Philadelphia Business Journal on August 10th!
He was amongst a group of other notable award recipients including:
• Steven Bradley, Bradley & Bradley Associates & African-American
Chamber of Commerce of PA, NJ & DE
• Veronica Castillo-Perez, Raices Culturales Latinoamericanas
• ShinJoo Cho, Philadelphia Department of Commerce
• Terrence H. Hicks, Ben Franklin Tech Partners
• Sharon Humble, Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP
• Jorge Benito, PPI Photographics
• Nadeem Bezar, Kolsby, Gordon, Robin, Shore & Bezar
• John W. Chin, Chinatown Community Development Corp.
• Will Gonzalez, Ceiba
• Tanya Hall, Multicultural Affairs Congress, a division of the PCVB
• Michael Horsey, Mitchell & Titus
• Rahim Islam, Universal Companies
• Farah Jimenez, People's Emergency Center
• Carlton Johnson, Archer & Greiner, P.C.
• Winston Lowe, Lowe & Associates
• Luis Mora, Finanta
• Mike Munoz, Collection Revenue Bureau, Inc.
• James E. Nevels, The Swarthmore Group
• Keven Parker, The Keven Parker Company
• Lynette Perez-Santos, ALPFA - Philadelphia Chapter
• Jennifer Rodriguez, APM
• Angel Rodriguez, Empowerment Group
• Ameet Shah, Conigent
• Stephen S. Tang, Ph.D., University City Science Center
• Clarena Tolson, City of Philadelphia Streets Department